Many years ago, I wrote a play about the FBI’s COINTELPRO activities based on declassified documents, called COINTELSHOW A PATRIOT ACT. It was published by PM Press in 2011 and I’ve continued to update it and perform it in venues ranging from theatres, galleries, labor halls and even in a tent at Burning Man. A long held dream came true on February 12 and 13 of these year when Chris Brandjes and I performed it at the legendary San Francisco Mime Troupe’s Studio. The space was filled both nights with fired-up audiences who laughed, groaned, and hissed beautifully during the show and asked great qeustions during our Q&A sessions afterwards.
- NEW BOOKS AVAILABLE!
TACTICAL PERFORMANCE: The Theory and Practice of Serious Play
ELECTORAL GUERILLA THEATRE: Radical Ridicule and Social Movements
- “NEW SITUATIONISTS” EXHIBIT – PRO ARTS GALLERY, DOWNTOWN OAKLAND, AND PERFORMANCES ON APRIL 21 and 22
- A review of Economusic in Argentina By EMERGENTE
- Princeton Feb 26, Hofstra Feb 28, and Carnegie Mellon March 1-2.
- Upcoming Events: at Piano Fight January 9 and CIIS February 10
- Recent Performances and Lectures/Workshops
More Creative Activism & Guerrilla Performance
Tags1000 Coffins articles Billionaires for Bush books christian white CIRCA cointelpro comics creative activism dissent drawings electoral guerrilla theatre flyers games guerrilla theatre irony lecture live performance news OEA performance performances political Prostest protest publication public speaking Radical Ridicule satire script scripts serious play surprise tactical performance