“Monumental Dialectics: Staging the Haymarket Square Confrontation,”
in Fifth Estate 372 (Spring 2006): 9-11, 16.
In 1998, I wrote HAYMARKET, the first full-length drama about the Haymarket Square Confrontation of 1886-7. 3 1/2 years later, I worked with Tavia LaFollette to stage a street puppet show in Chicago to commemorate that tale of terror, racism, and class struggle. This piece examines the importance of monuments in the telling and retelling of this story.
- NEW BOOKS AVAILABLE!
TACTICAL PERFORMANCE: The Theory and Practice of Serious Play
ELECTORAL GUERILLA THEATRE: Radical Ridicule and Social Movements
- “NEW SITUATIONISTS” EXHIBIT – PRO ARTS GALLERY, DOWNTOWN OAKLAND, AND PERFORMANCES ON APRIL 21 and 22
- A review of Economusic in Argentina By EMERGENTE
- Princeton Feb 26, Hofstra Feb 28, and Carnegie Mellon March 1-2.
- Upcoming Events: at Piano Fight January 9 and CIIS February 10
- Recent Performances and Lectures/Workshops
More Creative Activism & Guerrilla Performance
Tags1000 Coffins articles Billionaires for Bush books christian white CIRCA cointelpro comics creative activism dissent drawings electoral guerrilla theatre flyers games guerrilla theatre irony lecture live performance news OEA performance performances political Prostest protest publication public speaking Radical Ridicule satire script scripts serious play surprise tactical performance